Prose & Poetry - The Muse in Arms - Loving and Living
First published in London in November 1917 and reprinted in February 1918 The Muse in Arms comprised, in the words of editor E. B. Osborne:
"A collection of war poems, for the most part written in the field of action, by seamen, soldiers, and flying men who are serving, or have served, in the Great War".
Of the book's total of 131 poems this category - Loving and Living - contains eleven. Each can be accessed using the sidebar to the right.
Summarised below is a list of the poems available within this category:
- Colwyn Philipps - To Mother
- H. S. Graham - Mother's Birthday
- R. W. Sterling - The Bonny, Bonny Braes
- W. H. Littlejohn - Suvla Bay
- Colwyn Philipps - I Love
- F. W. Harvey - To His Maid
- Colwyn Philipps - The Barrier
- Dynely Hussey - Rainbow
- Robert Nichols - Fulfilment
- A. L. Jenkins - The Spirit of Womanhood
- Dorothy Plowman - Any Soldier's Wife
The first zeppelin raid on London was on 31 May 1915. Earlier raids in January 1915 had avoided London. The London raid resulted in 28 deaths and 60 injuries.
- Did you know?